Monday 8 May 2017

Public Spaces - Yoga and Wellness Festival - Final Outcome

Final Outcome


The size of the poster is A3. I have used the mint background as green has calming and balancing effect, it also represents nature. The text of the poster is in black color mainly because if I would use white one it will not stand out from the background and it would make a confusion as it will make the text hard to read. 

Feedback  

- The mint color works really well and is appropriate for the subject matter. Also, the black text makes it stand out from the rest of the background. 
- Very nice illustration of mandala which creates a beautiful pattern for the poster. 
- Love the white outlines of the mandala. 
- You could try to use white color for the text as well just as experimentations, but black looks good, makes the text stand out. 
- The mint color works very well with the theme. 

Evaluation 

Overall, I am very pleased with this design. Although I could experiment more on the paper instead of only doing it digitally. I have chosen screen printing as a method of printing my poster mainly because the last time when I did it was a year ago and all my projects this year were digitally based. I did very enjoy it as it is not something that I am doing all the time. Although when it came to doing the screen printing I was struggling a bit the reasoning of this that I have not done it in a quite long time. The only challenging part of screen printing was in the beginning as my screen was too small for my design and I have found out about it after exposing the screen when it was ready to print. I had to start the whole process of washing the screen, drying, and exposure again, it took me a lot of time to do it. I had to ask for a lot of help during the process, but with the help of the tutors I have successfully printed out my poster.  

I am very happy with the outcome of my design, although I feel I could do it better because the poster contained lots of details and when it came to printing those details didn't show up. If I could do it again I would definitely make the lines of the mandala design bold. Overall I have enjoyed the process and I may use it again in the feature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment