Monday 8 May 2017

Public Spaces - Yoga and Wellness Festival - Initial Ideas

I have used an illustration of the mandala for my final design as it connects with yoga because Mandala is a concentric diagram with spiritual and ritual significance. Also, it makes the design look busy creating beautiful patterns. As I didn't want to leave the background blank I have added some more illustrations of the mandala to it. 




After creating a design of mandala for the background of the poster I wanted to experiment a bit with colors digitally and ask people for their opinion. The colors which I have used are green, yellow, orange and red as the meaning of each color links to the yoga theme.  


GREEN has a calming and balances effect on the nervous system. Soothing and relaxing, green color ease from depression, anxiety, nervousness. Since green stimulates growth, it should be avoided in cancers and other tumors.


YELLOW is the color of wisdom and emotions. It energizes, relieves depression, improves memory, stimulates appetite and helps in digestive problems.



ORANGE is the color of joy and wisdom, energy and internal connection. It stimulates appetite and it is a good color for illnesses of the colon and digestion.


RED stimulates brain wave activity, increases heart rate, respirations and blood pressure, excites sexual glands. It warms us and awakens us physically and energizes our blood. It is a good color to wear when we have colds and poor circulation. Too much red can over stimulate and make some illnesses worse.

Feedback 

- I really like it! and I like the mint color.  
- The mandala design looks very interesting! I think I would go with yellow or mint color as red would not suit the theme of 'calm' etc.. 
- Mint you! You should try to use white outlines of the illustration instead of white, it will look much better :) 
- Try orange one as it is the colour of joy. 
- Yellow ! warm and happy color but the mint too. 

As a lot of people chose a mint background and it was my favorite one I decided to go with it. As someone suggested to me to use white outlines for the illustrations of backgrounds I tried it and I think it helps my design too look much better. 


After choosing the background color for my design I have created a typography design for the text. As people suggested in the feedback to use some more symbols I have decided to add a lotus flower to make a connection with the yoga and nature. I have also added the dates of the festival. 


No comments:

Post a Comment