Tuesday 16 May 2017

Product Range Distribution - Animals For Christmas Presents - Cards Development

Using ideas from already existing leaflets, posters I have come up with four different designs for the front cover of the cards. As adults are my target audience I have decided to create simple, clear and interesting designs which would communicate the message in an effective way. For the design, I have used red ribbon to represent Christmas and a gift at the same time. Each poster contains the same slogan Cat/Dog/Rabbit is not a Christmas present. I used this slogan as I feel the message is clear and short. Also, I have used red color to highlight the importance of the word 'Is Not'. I have made those designs on two different backgrounds the white one and a Christmas one as I wasn't quite sure which one suits the best I have asked people for feedback and to vote for the best one. 

Cat 

 

 

Dog

 

 

Rabbit

 

 


Feedback:  

- I like those designs I feel red ribbon suits the theme of Christmas. 
- Good job. 
- Maybe create a design of those three animals together? 
- I like it. 
- The designs are simple but clearly represent the message. 
- You could try to use images of sad-looking animals. 
- Interesting designs.  
- I like it. 

White background: 6
Illustrated background: 10 
______________________________________________________________________________

The next step was to create the back of the cards inspired by research and by feedback from people. The designs are simple containing an image of the specific animal and information about it. On the top of the card in large uppercase letters I have used text 'Are you committed?' to make it seem as it is a direct message from the animals.  

TO CARE FOR ME FOR ALL OF MY LIFE? 
TO SPEND £1000 PER YEAR ON THE THINGS I NEED? 
TO GIVE ME A LARGE SAFE HOUSE, INDOOR OR OUT? 
TO LEARN MY LANGUAGE, UNDERSTAND MY WAYS? 
TO GET ME NEUTER AND VACCINATE ME? 
TO NURTURE AND PROTECT ME? 
TO GIVE ME A SPACE TO PLAY? 
TO NEVER GET BORED OF ME?  




Feedback 

- The background it's too plain and too simple, you should make it more interesting and appealing.
- Maybe add some pattern or color for the background?
- Looks good
- I like the way it seems as a direct message from animals.
- Maybe add some designs to it?
- Try to play a bit with the font.
- It looks quite boring and plain.
- Make it look more interesting.
- Good idea
______________________________________________________________________________

As people in the feedback said that designs are looking boring and too plain I have decided to make some changes to it. I prefer those designs as they are clear, simple but interesting as well. On the top of the design, I have used slogan 'Cats/Dogs/Rabbits & Christmas Do Not Mix' to make it more appealing and be the first thing what people will see on this design. Under it, I have used the black box in which I wrote 'Cats/Dogs/ Rabbits are 10 + year commitment' to give people a bit to think about, that animals are for life not just for Christmas. Taking an idea from the feedback I have also changed the font to the bold one which makes the text outstand from the background and it is visible from the distance. The fact and statistics about how many animals are given up in each year are in the shape of a circle to highlight the importance of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment