Saturday 19 May 2018

What are you ashamed of? / Video

My first idea was to make a publication but then, I wanted to extend this brief, because it was very important to me personally. I have received a lot of submissions from people. I felt like they really opened up to me, by working more on this project I wanted to show them, how important their messages were to me. Looking at the promotional aspects, I thought that the video can be used as an advertisement for the book.

The idea of the video was inspired by 'Seeking Secrets' youtube video which I researched about previously. I booked a photography studio where I have set up all the lights and black background to bring the atmosphere to it. I asked two people to read three submissions each and just comment on it. The reason I wanted to include people in the video because if you see someone and their expression, it creates a connection, understanding and empathy. Due to many students, it was very hard to record a video because all the time people were passing the room, walking and talking very loudly. We decided to leave the studio and look for the quiet room in our university. Due to the very bad lighting, the video didn't come up in the way I wanted it to be.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment