Tuesday 17 April 2018

What are you ashamed of? / Development

The publication has been designed in the size of the newspaper, due to the personal and secretive content. I decided to make it as newspaper mainly because newspaper always contains information about dirty secrets and personal information. The only difference with my project is that this is all anonymous.

 It was hard for me to decide and chose which submissions would go into the publication, or include them all. As everyone took time to submit things they are ashamed of I thought it would not be fair to just pick a couple of them. Moreover, it would go against what I was trying to achieve in this brief.  So I decided to use all of them and some submission use with the photographs to make the publication more appealing and interesting. All the photographs have been edited to the black and white colours as the submissions went into a dark side so I wanted to stick with the mood and theme of the brief.

Firstly I used my created posters with a large bold text to create a connection between the website and publication. I found that the text looked too loud and was distracting the audience.




Personally, I prefer smaller text which is Helvetica. As it keeps the publication simple, clear and a large amount of white space brings the type into focus and allows for a lot of breathing space for the reader. Also, it gives an impression that person is saying it very quiet. 


For experimentation, I gave it a go and I tried creating some book spreads, using the hand rendered submissions to give it a more personal touch. However, I felt that this could appear inconsistent. If others were to use their handwriting, there could even be legibility issues which I want to avoid. 


Photos are mixed with the type on the bottom of the page, representing what the text is about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment