Friday 20 April 2018

Secret 7 - Developments

When lyrics were explored, I started to gather some ideas. As the brief is relatively short, it is good to expand as much as possible to determine the correct and most effective resolution.

Black hole

Development began by exploring visual concepts of a black hole, fading. The lyric reflects depression, melancholy but at the same time gives hope and it is cheerful. I felt a black hole will be a good representation of it. I looked for colors of hope and tried to combine it with the illustration of a black hole.


Depression symbol

To push this idea further I looked for a symbol which represents depression. As the black hole on a blue/green background looked too plain. The symbol also represents hope and love for those who were struggling.


I have combined the symbol with my designed illustration. Instead of using coloured background I used the flirter which is called 'Callophaned' it tricks the reader's eye. Also, it reminds you that there are other emotions besides depression which is hope to someone who might not realize it.


Received feedback was positive as people as soon they saw a depression symbol they knew what it is about. They suggested adding more colours to it as it was too simple and the colours weren't eye-catching. 

Final Design

No comments:

Post a Comment