Friday 13 January 2017

Type in context - Self evaluation

Studio brief 01 was a quite challenging project, it has thought me some valuable lessons about different book binding methods, the idea and creation of the book itself wasn’t the hardest part as I was familiar with the chosen topic, taking pictures was a race with time as it was done during summer in my country, all the photos that were done had to be on point as there wasn’t time to retake photos after summer, the amusing part was how simple the production part seems compared to the actual hustle of squeezing in the time frame given, at first I wanted to order the book online although the production time would take too long so I’ve chosen the other option of physically going to the print shop and getting it printed, after spending few hours in Staples figuring out how to combine the images so that they are in order and well produced, after having a tough time stapling through all the glossy paper we have finally came to a conclusion of separating and wiring the pages thanks to the help of the kind staff member representing Staples, finally managing to come out with a final product which is presentable although it’s still off from my original idea as there are a few too many blank pages which shouldn’t be shown, also the photos are not well aligned as they are slightly cropped on the side to where the wire is.


I can happily say that this project has let me express myself from an artistic side of photography which I have always liked and admired. If I had a little bit more time I would have ordered the book online as it would have looked more professional and would of have spent a little bit more time on the general layout of the pages so that the photos would be aligned with each other and had a bit more room for the trimming of the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment