Monday 2 January 2017

Design for screen - Concept to solve the problem


I started to think about the approach to this brief and the idea which I can develop further. Going for the shopping one day to buy some vegetables I have realised that I was looking for one thing in couple of different stores because I couldn't find it anywhere. It gave me an idea to create the application for student and adults which will help them to find the product they are looking for, very quickly just to save the time. I spoke with couple of the people asking them about the feedback and what they would like to see else in the application. 

- I think it would be grate idea to have this kind of app on the phone as it would save a lot of time looking for one thing in couple of different places. 

- Yeah! I think it would work, those kind of apps are only if you would like to buy electronic stuff such us phones, headphone etc. I have never seen one for food. 

- You should add like a scan, which is taking photo of the name of the product and then showing you all the info about it. But I think the idea overall is very good and helpful.


RESEARCH 

I couldn't find any application which is the same as the one I would like to create. Only shops with electronic product has this feature. I downloaded couple of  similar apps already on the market which demonstrates the features I would like to include. 

'Argos' 

Get Set for Argos in the palm of your hand! Download the new Argos app for your iPhone today to start exploring our huge range of products. 

I have found Argos just like an example to show this feature, where you are able to search for a product, check the quantity, price and the ability to order it by phone.  

 























'Google Maps'

Other application which I have looked for was simple Google maps as I would include the map and the navigation toll in the app as well to show the user directions to the chosen shop. The Google Maps is very simple application to use, it tells you your localisation. You are able to type the address of the place you would like to go to. Also you have the feature to chose between the transport you would like to take such us car, bus, train or just walking. Typing on the bus or train option it also shows you the number of the bus you need to take.

Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information that you need to get there.



'Fooducate' 

Achieve your dreams and goals with Fooducate, a weight loss coach for people who want to eat a healthy, real food diet. Track your food, activity, sleep and mood. Get motivated by the most supportive community in the world.

What does it contains? 

Track your food intake and exercise
Track your sleep, mood, and hunger levels
Add your own foods and recipes to track
Fooducate analyzes information found in product nutrition panels and ingredient lists

Simple add which helps you to be healthier ! 

Image result for fooducate

The other feature which I would like to include in my app is simple planner where the user can create their own shopping list. I have looked at the application called 'Smart shopping list' to get the understanding of how it is supposed to look like and this app perfectly shows what I am thinking to do. 

Shopping list that improves the quality of your grocery shopping by making it easier, faster, and most importantly smarter. It is all you would want out of a grocery list and more.
Besides making your shopping a breeze, Listonic provides a wide range of savvy food hacks, smart shopping tips, and overall grocery wizardry, to help you become a smarter shopper and a more conscious consumer. 

 






Other app which I have found and would be very useful for me is 'Nutrition lookup'. The application is very easy to use, you just need to type the scan button to take a picture of the bar code of your food and then it shows you all information about it. 

Get fast, reliable nutritional information on the go! SparkPeople’s Nutrition Lookup app is a convenient and easy way to make the healthiest choice every time. Powered by SparkPeople’s extensive food database, this small but mighty app allows you to look up nutritional information for millions of foods at the touch of a button.
What You Get with Nutrition Lookup:
- Detailed nutritional information for over 3 million foods
- Easy-to-understand graphs that display the breakdown of calories, carbohydrates, fats and proteins for any searchable food
- Bar code scanning for simple lookup of packaged foods. Pop open your camera from within our app, scan the UPC label and find the food immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment