Tuesday 3 January 2017

Design for Screen - Login Page

The first page after the launch animation will be login page which will pop up. To get some ideas of how does it supposed to look like I have done a bit of research using Pinterest, Bhance and Google images. Here is couple of examples which interest me the most:


As I would add some illustrations to the login page it would be better to create something simple. 
I like the design of 'smartCard' which I have found using Pinterest. It has two boxes with 'username' and the 'password' also the login button with 'forgot password?' The only  negative thing which this design does not contain is the option where you can make a new account. Probably it is because you need to do it by web page. I want to make my app easy to use for the users so I need to include the feature 'make a new account' in the app without making any one going to some web pages. The design is quite simple and uncertain, without reading the description of the app it would be hard to find out what the app is about. Just the name gives the user an idea what it might be about.

Login page:  

Simple, and readable login page which again I have found using pinterest. I like the idea of the small illustration used on it. Just the colors are quite dark and the logo is hard to read from the distance. I want to make the login page bright and readable for everyone. 

A conceptual design for a florist mobile app called Buds. The whimsical, playful illustrations that we created make the onboarding process a little more fun and enjoyable.  Work with us →  Twitter ...:

The next design which I have found using Behance is something what I am looking for as it has simple illustration and simple layout. Also it is readable and easy to use. I prefer the black design on the left as you can clearly see everything. Looking at the rocket and the 'transfer button' the user can clearly see that the app is about transferring  files. Also the illustrious of rocket gives us the feeling that the app is very fast and the user can quickly transfer any thing they want to.

wetransfer redesign on Behance. The UX Blog podcast is also available on iTunes.:

The next example is of the non existing brand called 'Nreader' which I have found on Behance. I really like the layout and the illustration because of the use of  friendly, limited colours and interesting illustration. Looking at this design straight away the user knows what it is about and what they may expect after installing this app.


























Using my research I tried to create illustrated login page. I found it really hard as I am not very good at illustration at all. I thought it would be much more easier on the beginning. Those illustrations went really bad because it seems like the app for small children with games. They are not looking professional at all. If I would make one of them as a final one It would be very hard for the user tell what the app is about while seeing only the login page and without reading the description. This is not what I wanted to achieve at all. I need to think of something different then illustrations. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment