Friday 15 April 2016

What is a book? Final outcome































Today I have created my real book. It was quite challenging when it came to printing as I was really confused with how to put all the pages together to print them double side in a right order. After several attempts  I had finally printed out the book in a right order.

When it came to binding and crating a real book it has been even more challenging than printing.
I wasn't quite sure how to bind my book to make it look professional and easy to make at the same time.

As I wanted to have hard cover I have decided to use card board. I have watched couple of videos on YouTube just to get the understanding of how to do it. I had measured and cut the card board into 3 pieces.


Using the black thick paper I had to stick all my pages together to make sure it would not destroy after opening it and the book would be strong it self as well. 


I have printed out my front and back cover A4 format on A3 white paper and stick to the card board using double side tape. It was quite challenging to do as I had to stick the card board to the back of front and back page. I wasn't quite sure if I had measured it well. 


I didn't quite liked the final outcome of it as I have forgotten to make the design a bit bigger to fit 
on the back and front page. It come up having white outline and it was quite a bit crooked so the design wasn't in the right positions as I wanted it to be. 

 

Putting all the pages together and banding them using staples. I have divided my book into 5 different sections and banded them separately I had to stick them all together. I had used glue gun to make sure all the pages would sit together and would be very hard to destroy. It was quite quick and easy step to do. After the pages of my book were dry and stick I could stick them to the cover.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment