Sunday 5 March 2017

Studio brief 02 - Fur for animals - Initial ideas for posters

We are quite confused about the slogan because in the survey people have voted for two different ones. The most favourite ones were 'Why use my skin when yours is already beautiful enough?' and the second one 'Everyone has got thier own purpose mine isn't to be on your back'. We have dissuaded that I should create the posters first with both slogans so then we can create a questionnaire and ask people which is the most interesting approach.

I have started to experiment with the type/colours and layout for the posters also with the photos. For the first set of pictures I have used Bebas Neue font in 34 pt highlighting only word 'MY' in the first photos and 'purpose' in the second set of photos to make them stand out more from rest of the text.

Moreover I decided to start with very simple approach using only text with the logo of the Fur for animals campaign. The word 'MY' and 'PURPOSE' is in the same colour as their existing symbol. Also I get the inspiration for the layout of the text and colour from Barbara Kruger. I didn't used a lot of red colour as she is doing because we are going with the friendly and emotional approach.

1st concept:
'Why use my skin when yours is already beautiful enough?' 





As a group we agreed that the model is looking to happy on this one and it doesn't really suit the slogan and idea behind it. So I have decided to look for more photos with less happy emotions. 
Here is what I have found: 





2nd concept: 

 'Everyone has got their own purpose mine isn't to be on your back'

Here is the second set of pictures whit different approach from the first one. I have created them in the same style as the first approach only changing the slogan. 






The second idea was to create posters inspired by Stella Maccartney.  I wanted to create something friendly and emotional by using this type of nature, flowers in pastel colours.  It was also the first idea to use the poster containing lots of nature like plants to show the connection with the video which supposed to be about the mother nature. 




I have also tested it with the slogan and logo of the campaign. 



1106

Feedback:

We spoke with one of the teachers about our posters and slogan. 

- I prefer the second photo from the first concept as the model on the first photo looks to happy for the slogan. 
- I think the second concept with the model wearing the fur coat and holding the rabbit is weak and the slogan is to aggressive. 
- I think you should go with the first concept as the approach and the slogan is friendly. 

I have also made a survey online which we posted on collaboration page on Facebook so we could get more feedback from people even from different courses. In total we received 19 responses and 12 feedback comments https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5CNSRJ7

 

1st concept: 11 votes                               2nd concept: 8 votes


- The eye contact makes the second approach more personal.
- I feel that both posters convey a strong message but one that may appeal to most is the first as it is aimed towards the consumers feelings and emotions about themselves whereas the second is more to do with the animal's so some may not be as affected by it. Depends which way you want to portray a message.
- Awesome idea!
- The image is more powerful on the second, definitely great to show that the fur on the coat is exactly the same as the fur on the rabbit. Great idea!
- it's not always clear who the text is coming from / who the text is aimed at, however the photographs work well.
- I would change "everyone" to "everything"!
- The first statement made more of an impact to me.
Nice idea but maybe rethink what the writing says... both need something shorter and more catchy.
I prefer the first slogan but the eye contact in the second is more demanding of attention.
better aesthetic in my opinion. The fact you have the 'before and after' works really well in pulling reality back.
When the model is wearing the fur it feels a bit hypocritical in a way? Also the expression on the first one is much more calming and caring which I think represents the message well :)
I think the first statement is more effective than the second, but I feel like you should combine the statement from the first poster with the image from the second poster

No comments:

Post a Comment