Monday 6 February 2017

Individual Practice - Penguin Design Award - Research

I have started a research about similar front covers including the bird. I have found a couple of interesting designs which gave me a lot of inspiration. I have found them on Pinterest/ Tumblr and Behance.


The first three designs are an illustration based on the silhouettes. The designs are quite dark and gloomy symbolize the death. I really like the first Polish illustration as it uses quite interesting typography which suits the backgrounds. I will try to create this kind of illustrations for my final design. 

 

The other two designs which I have found on Behance are the pattern designs of feathers. This gave me an idea to create an illustration which the feather will be repeated through the front cover in a thin, clear and simple style similar to those designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment