Sunday 24 January 2016

Designing Process - Information Design - Initial Ideas

I have designed a first page of my leaflet using the illustration which I have created of an owl.
To make the front page interesting and catch children's attention, instead of drawing the eyes of an owl I would use moving, plastic eyes which are often use for toys for children. I would have to think more about the background as I feel the illustration of an owl on a yellow background is not legible. The owl should the focus point of the front page.Moreover I have named an owl ‘Safety Owly’ as I feel it is suitable to the theme. Aso children would recognise it very quickly as the name is very simple.


For the second page I have decided to use one idea from my sketches, to make the illustration of an owl sitting on the tree. Using the speak clouds I have created couple of important sentences which are simple, clear and children would easily remember it.   



For the third page, I have decided to create a page with the most important facts and explanations for children. To make the page interesting I have used the illustration of an owl. I would need to think more about the background as it seems empty. 


For the fourth page I have used an illustration of an owl from my sketches. I have put the information where children can get help from and some safety tips for them to remember. 


As the children getting bored very quickly, for the fifth page I decided to create an illustration for the whole page to communicate the message in a different way than the other pages has. I have created a short comic suitable to the theme showing children what they can do in dangerous situation and how the should behaviour. 



To make the leaflet interesting and encourage children to look at it, at the end of the leaflet I have created a short rebus. The final resolution of it is 'I am safe' which relates to my leaflet. 


For the back of my leaflet instead of leaving it blank I have decided to create a page full of illustrations of an owl. I think it made the page look interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment