Thursday 12 November 2015

Typeface Design - Finished typeface

This is my complete typeface of upper case letters, numbers and designed background based on Bodoni Typeface (with a mix of Regular and Condensed Italic style).  I think that my final outcome is not successful because my typeface design doesn't represent well the word 'Coordinated' as I associate this word with formal, elegant and harmonize style, while the letters I have designed are too bold, curly, not structured and are too complicated. When the viewer looked at the each letter separately they look well, but when the letters are put together in a sentence or alphabetic order they are not matching because some of them are thicker than the others. Furthermore, despite the fact that I copied some of the curves from one letter to another and I was rotating them, they still look too different from each other. If I would have more time to spend on this project, instead of doing each letter separately and putting them together on the end I should of try to create couple of letters and put them in a word and a sentence to see how they work together.

I have been able to add my own photography as a background which I think the use of it makes the presentation of my typeface look unique, interesting and on the same time legible. I don't think my typeface could be used in a small scale as it would be not readable and will make people confused, but I think the decorative, bold, varied, elegant, extravagant typographic forms would suit a Disney/ fantasy movie, children books covers and fancy headings.


Finished typeface:

Name of the font



Final Design 


Finished Typeface





No comments:

Post a Comment