Sunday 11 October 2015

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Today we went to the Yorkshire Sculpture park to take photos for our new project. We have to design a 5 different symbol for that place. I found it really interesting as this will help me to develop my project and to design appropriate symbol for this place. We found numerous of curious sculptures. The one which really sticked to my mind was colourful octopus and the bridge with typography on it. The sculptures were contrasting well to the background of the trees in magical autumn’s colours. 

Bon and Roberta Smith: Art por all at Yorkshire Sculpture Park  


                                                                              Niki de Saint Phalle at Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Jonathan Borofsky at Yorkshire Sculpture Park  

'ha-ha Bridge' by Brian Fell at Yorkshire Sculpture Park  

'Trees’ by Dennis Openheim at Yorkshire Sculpture Park  

Marialuisa Tadei - Octopus at Yorkshire Sculpture Park



After visiting Yorkshire Sculpture Park  everyone has to create a symbol for this place. I started with creating a simple symbol for it with only text but I thought it would not be enough for this project so I decided to create an abstract tree which reminds of a sculpture and park at the same time. If I would have more time to spend on this project I would create an animation of growing abstract tree which would change the colour of it leaves every single season. It would would be used as a welcoming video for tourists in the park.


First Ideas



Final ideas 




No comments:

Post a Comment