Wednesday 26 April 2017

Module Evaluation

The responsive module was one that I was most looking forward to entering the second year as I am an individual person who likes to select own briefs and do my own thing a lot of time, so having this freedom to choose was perfect for me. However, thought this module I have faced some challenges as well as I had to manage my time perfectly to finish everything on time because there was a couple of briefs and modules I had to do at the same time.

Entering the module, I wanted to choose briefs that differentiate from each other, in order to demonstrate my skills as a designer showing that can tackle various practices rather than just ones I am most interested in as I would never learn anything. Since photography and editorial design is my most favorite discipline, I tried to incorporate this into the briefs.

This is why the collaboration brief was my favorite one because I could use my photography skills to take successful photographs in the professional studio and use them for the posters. While collaborating with Katie and Bobonut on the Fur for animals brief my aim was to improve my skills within photography, design and determine whether this was an area I'd like to build upon my future career in design. Starting this brief I was quite worried and stressed as working in the group is not my favorite task but I really enjoyed working as a collaborative as it was very interesting experience, allowing me to learn new skills, gain more knowledge and learn a lot from each other. Working with Bobonut and Katie encourage me to be more confident and allowed me to develop my skills in photography and editorial design. I discovered that the collaboration was enjoyable, but this isn't a field I want to pursue further anytime soon. I managed to learn about new software Final Cut Pro during this brief which was incredibly interesting and something I'd like to develop into for future briefs, and become a lot more confident using it.

I have really enjoyed the substantial brief which was the Quorn. I have chosen it because it seemed interesting and engaging even from the start. The brief allowed me to create an interesting campaign based on people's views and feedback. As I am a meat lover person I could think of things which influenced me to try to be meat-free for a day and use it in my campaign. In my previous modules, I didn't do many surveys or questionnaires as I had no idea how much it can help me to create a successful design or project and how it can influence my decisions. Gaining feedback for this module gave me a lot of confidence when I was doubting myself. Feedback is an extremely important aspect of the course, as it can determine your success and weakness.

I feel the small briefs were the most challenging ones for me, mainly because I left them to the last moment as I have focused only on the collaborative practice and Quorn brief. This really affected my work as there are many things which I would like to improve and add. This taught me that I should better manage my time and to do not leave things to the last moment as it never works.

No comments:

Post a Comment